Energy Transition Changemakers is a COP28 UAE Presidency initiative which aims to foster private sector collaboration in delivering innovative and scalable decarbonization projects globally and demonstrate solutions to help enable and accelerate the energy transition.
The COP28 Presidency is looking for projects from all over the world that are in development or operation that have overcome challenges through game-changing innovative solutions or approaches that have the potential to be replicated and scaled elsewhere, accelerating the just energy transition benefiting society as a whole. Companies and organizations of all sizes from all over the world are welcome to apply and projects of all types within the four eligible sectors will be considered:
Renewables, Renewable Integration & Clean Power
Heavy Emitting Sectors – Steel, Cement, and Aluminum
Following the application and evaluation process, the top projects will be selected as Energy Transition Changemakers and company/organization executives will have the opportunity to present their work to an audience in separate sessions dedicated to each of the four sectors. These executives will also participate in an award event recognizing all the Changemakers from across the four sectors. These events will take place on 5 December during COP28 UAE at Expo City Dubai.
- Application portal will be open online from 8 September to 9 October
- The deadline to send any questions to Changemakers@cop28.com is Friday 29 September 1700 GST
- COP28 will conduct a first filter of applications for completeness and relevance to the four eligible sectors
- An international committee of sector experts from leading organizations will shortlist projects based on the innovation of the project’s technology or approach and the scalability of that technology or approach to other projects
- Top projects will be selected from the shortlist to ensure a diversity of project types, geographies, organizations, and types of innovative technologies or approaches. Selected projects will be notified by early November